Oh dear. I think Pushing up Roses needs to see this!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Noir Syndrome is a procedurally generated Detective Murder-Mystery with a new story every time! Featuring slick pixel art animations and a jazzy soundtrack, the player is thrown right in to a highly stylized vision of film noir. Visit locations, interrogate suspects, search for clues, and eventually solve the case before the killer escapes - or you wind up dead yourself.
- Procedural generation: Murder mystery scenarios with a new culprit and clues each time, every play-through is unique.
- Permanent choices: NPCs, interactions, death, and a slew of other features will all persist until a new game is started. Every action counts!
- Notebook: Collect vital clues in the detective's notebook to help narrow down suspects and solve the case.
- Investigation: Interact with and examine numerous objects and characters in a number of environments in the search for more information on the killer.
- Countdown: Given a set number of days to solve the mystery, each area visited will decrement the time left, adding to the urgency of every case.
- Freedom of choice: Attempt to solve the case, or live out your remaining time doing as you please - be it fighting the law, going after gang members, or just seeing the city.
- Gunplay: Combat is generally to be avoided as a single bullet will take down the player. However, when necessary, the revolver is always available for use.
- Badges: Complete a variety of challenges to earn unique badges which directly influence future playthroughs.
- Statistics and Scores: Statistics and high scores for a wide variety of topics will persist through every game.
- Costumes: Multiple unlockable costumes can be earned in game. Play as the default male or female detective, or unlock a variety of new outfits.
- Challenges: Optional challenges unrelated to the main case are generated each game. Every challenge completed provides permanent bonuses to all playthroughs.
Developed by Entropy Phi. For more of my work, check out the links below.
Twitter | Patreon | Itch.io
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android|
|Publisher||Glass Knuckle Games|
|Release date||Apr 02, 2014|
|Genre||Adventure, Action, Puzzle|
|Tags||2D, Detective, Mystery, Noir, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Smartphone|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: