Do you plan to make a Heliophobia 2?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Heliophobia is a first-person horror/mystery adventure presented through a surreal, non-linear narrative. You awake on a vacant plane, given only a singular task: kill the one with the initials "J.R.".
Your memories seem to be just beyond reach. Grotesque humanoid creatures pursue you at every turn. Crime syndicates and shadowy organizations plot behind closed doors. On top of it all, your mind keeps slipping in to unexplainable waking nightmares. With only your rapidly fading senses about you, what will you discover - before it's too late?
Sneak, hide, and run from a slew of horrific monsters across a vast nocturnal metropolis. Explore a wide variety of locations while you uncover secrets and piece together fragments of a deep, interwoven story. Navigate sections of a seemingly endless city filled with claustrophobic alleyways, labyrinthine tunnels, and dreary establishments. Segments of nerve-wracking terror are broken up by exploration, puzzle-solving, and world-building sections - providing brief respite from high-anxiety encounters.
- Surreal Horror - Monsters and nefarious humans are not the only things to fear. The entire world feels just a few degrees off from "normal".
- Non-Linear Mystery - Segments of the story branch off and unlock in non-chronological order. Any completed section can be returned to for further investigation.
- Glitch Senses - Heavy glitch effects serve as both visual flair and a "sixth sense" for nearby dangers. Use them to your advantage, or disable the effects entirely.
- Survive On Your Terms - Despite the claustrophobic setting, many levels feature multiple routes or varied solutions to puzzles.
- No Cheap Jump Scares - Building atmosphere and dread are central to the overall experience. While some moments may be surprising, none are played just for an empty reaction.
- Outside The Comfort Zone - Each challenge is presented with a new setting, format, or set of rules. No two sections should feel exactly the same, leading to a feeling of gnawing unease.
|Windows, macOS, Linux
|Oct 18, 2018
|Female Protagonist, First-Person, Horror, Mystery, Psychological Horror, Surreal, Thriller, Voice Acting
|About a half-hour
|Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller
|Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 1.1.2 - 64-bit builds now availableNov 06, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You are amazing. This may have to be the first title I try from you because it showcases the immersion of your design work.
It's my most recent release (for now) so it's definitely the most advanced of all my projects. Totally different genres between all of them, but I think they're getting a bit more refined over the years.
And here's part 2!
I really liked this game to be honest. It was different and challenging and had a really cool surreal vibe to it.